Roulette is a casino game that engages players in betting on the outcome of a spinning wheel. Most casinos use European roulette wheels; there are no double zero pockets on these wheels. American roulette wheels have one or two double zero pockets known as "reno" and "single zero" wheels. European roulette wheels have a lower house edge than American ones.
In American roulette, there's a pocket on the wheel. If the ball ends in one of these pockets, players lose their money twice. While in European roulette, this would happen if only the ball landed in zero and another number simultaneously.
GUIDE LIST OF ROULETTE BETS
Here are the different bets you can make in European and French roulette:
1. Straight Up: This is a bet on any number from 1-to 36. If you win, you'll receive 35 to 1 odds.
2. Split: This is a bet in which you predict that the ball will land in two adjacent numbers, for example, 17 and 18 or 6 and 7. If you win, you'll receive 17 to 1 odds on the first half of your wager and 18 to 1 odds on the second half.
3. Street: This is a bet on three neighboring numbers, 4-5-6 or 27-28-29. You'll receive 11 to 1 odds if your bet wins.
4. Corner: Place this wager on four adjacent numbers like 5-6-7-8 or 23-24-25-26 for an 11 to 1 payout if your bet wins
5. Six Line: A six-line bet covers six numbers that are located close together such as 10,11,12,13,14,15 or 27,28,29,30,31,32. You'll receive 7 to 1 odds if your bet wins.
WINNING ROULETTE ONLINE
There are three ways you can win at online roulette.
1. The Basic Strategy: If you think the ball will land on red 18 or black 17, do not place that bet because you lose your bet if the ball lands on either of these numbers.
2. The Odds: The odds are the number of bets that have been placed against you and how many passes you are required to make for it to be advantageous for you to continue betting on the same number.
3. Fast Play: In this type of play, each spin ends when the ball lands on either red 18 or black 17.
TIPS TO WIN ROULETTE ONLINE
1. Try to avoid playing online roulette on a PC. This is because PCs tend to have more problems with random number generators (RNG), and thus the odds are not as fair as they should be.
2. If you are playing live roulette, try to find a table where the dealer seems to be paying attention, wears a nice suit, and has a pleasant demeanor.
3. Look for roulette games that have high limits and low minimum bets so that you can make bigger bets more often if your strategy calls for it.
4. Play at sites that offer free roulette money with no deposit required to practice your system without risking your own money until you get it.PLAYING ODDS BY HEDGING BETS The outside bets on the house edge are higher than the inside bets. The odds are 5.26% on the single zero, 4.00% on double zero, and 6.76% on the American wheel, where 00 is added to the single zero.
PLAYING ROULETTE ONLINE
Roulette can be played free online or for real money by visiting the website of any of the casinos that offer this game. Online roulette is a great way to get a feel for how the game is played and try out different strategies without risking your own money.